Saturday, February 18, 2006

Handmade Postcard Collage









These are four parts of a collage that I made in 8th grade at school. Now, many years later, I ave turned the negative experience I had back then into a positive one by sending these pieces (slightly altered) off to others as mailart.

I think we tried to do these collages in the style of Giuseppe Arcimboldo's pictures.
One part was the face of my collage, the others were hair (the two with lots of stamps) and one was the shoulder (with the books).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Swantje...
i looked at your site.. nice one..
the selfmade cards are really nice..i have no patience to make cards by myself...
anyway thanks for the mess at my site..
have a nice day
greetzz Joannie

February 21, 2006 4:00 AM  
Blogger Swan said...

Thanks, Joannie.
It's not that hard to make these cards. Some of them take only 20 minutes or less to make! You should give it a try.

February 21, 2006 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How creative! It takes me a whole day to make a card because I keep changing my mind and fussing with it. Plus waiting for the glue to dry. I try to make them sturdy enough to survive the mail.

April 01, 2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger ikanbilis said...

hello there! found you through postcrossing.com forum

these are just spectacular and stunning! i love them and i will try make some on my own!

July 01, 2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger Laura-Marie said...

These are beautiful!

August 07, 2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great postcards... please continue to show us some updates on this area...

Myself... I like to collect stamps... lets exchange blog links, ok? http://stampfriends.blogspot.com

Take care

August 23, 2007 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home