Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Handstitched Bookmarks


Handstitched Bookmarks
Originally uploaded by swan4
I made these fabric bookmarks for a "hand stitched bookmarks" swap on swapbot. I attached sticky felt to the back to make them more sturdy. One funny thing is that I wasn't even sure about the theme or layout when I started. I sewed on the flower first. Then I had the idea for the stitches for the stem. While stitching the piece of fabric below the stem to the fabric of the first bookmark, I realized that it looked like a flower pot. For the second bookmark, I just varied the color scheme a bit according to the preferences of my second swap partner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous urban craft said...

Lovely, I need to get around to making some of those, I never use bookmarks and always forget my pages.

April 29, 2009 6:05 PM  
Anonymous Miminhos da Leninha said...

Very beautiful!

July 03, 2009 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home